Monday, May 01, 2006

Another year

I've been finding that a good way to demarcate my age is to quanitify my growing dissatisfaction with the Bryant Park movies year after year.

June 19th The Birds
June 26th To Have and Have Not
July 3rd M*A*S*H
July 10th Bullitt
July 17th The Band Wagon
July 24th High Noon
July 31st A Shot in the Dark
August 7th The Manchurian Candidate
August 14th Charade
August 21st Rocky

Hence, by September, I'll be about 87 years old.

NB - Manchurian is a decent pick. That'll prolly be my one "definitely" for the season. What are you guys?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Brianna said…

    eh... who cares what the movies are, i just go to drink bad wine so I'm usually asleep on the grass 30mins into the film.

    (that said these all suck and I suspect many of them are in black and white *shudder*)

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on Manchurian. It's definitely mojito worthy.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    er, what's up with the comment on the previous post?

    (i tried to follow the links but i got a baseball blog... i am clueless...)

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...dude, to have and have not *rocks*... (it's the first one bogie and bacall starred in together... you know how to whistle, don't you? you just pucker up and... blow...)

    it is in black and white. but why is this a problem?...

    says child of TNT and AMC....

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Brianna said…

    ah poor alia is unaware of my philistine-like movie rules. black and white is... not color. I have a serious lack of appreciation for art -- i'm mostly ok with this.

    and the comments on the previous post were clearly left my a crazy person.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Birds is awesome. -Matt

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that would be "you just put your lips together and blow"

    but you're correct, it's in black and white, so worthless, apparently?

    I bet she hates subtitles too.

    --liza

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home