Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Soul Mate

If you were lucky like me, this was today's Staying West banner ad:


That's a pretty huge claim...and being one who's incredibly gulliable and believes that technology ought to be able to solve any worldly problem, it certainly warranted more inspection. Clearly, there must have been some sort of statisical scienctific breakthrough (and it certainly made me wonder why creepy Dr. Warren Clark wasn't promising the same thing.)

Anyways -- click on the link, here's what you get:


Just a box for your name, your cellphone number and a pulldown menu where you put in your Zodiac sign. Simple! And you know how much I love intuitive interfaces. (Take that, Mr. Twenty Nine Dimensions!)

But, I didn't click it, because the "Terms and Conditions" you accept by clicking really suck:


(click to see larger)

Of course, $33.95 for a month is a small price to pay for such useful information (and horoscope text messages!)...however, I somehow suspect thier name matching algorithms might not be up to snuff yet, and I'd have to wait many billing cycles before I get the golden piece of information. Bummer.