Monday, February 20, 2006

Changing Gears

One of the great things about my job is that I get to become a niche expert on obscure topics for the duration of my projects. I've been fortunate to work on a bunch gigs that I've found fascinating -- Ground Zero architecture wars, high profile restaurant openings, the theories behind military technology, engineering failures in Katrina, solving mysterious epidemic outbreaks, etc. For the duration of the project, I usually get immersed in the topic personally--I'll come home from the office and continue to read foodie blogs to see what people are saying about Bobby Flay, fer instance.

I'm in an interesting period right now, where I've finished my Food TV project and am switching to working on Johnny's indie documentary feature about his friend Fae, who is a transsexual transitioning from female to male. It's funny, but I feel the allure of the foodie web waning and am about to get myself sucked into the tranny web. Poor Brianna has already had to endure a visit to the Mango Products website (not pronounced like you think).

I'm getting pretty excited about Johnny's film and all the interesting issues we're gonna try and to bring up in it. So, if this blog has alot of links to post-op surgery pix and ruminations on gender identity (and it's good-time cousin, genderfucking), you know where my mind's at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home