Sunday, June 18, 2006

Raves of the Weekend (#1)

Hate to go all Daily Candy on your asses, but here we go:

1) Uniqlo. Yes, I actually bought some new clothes (!). I had expirienced Uniqlo when I went to Japan and was woefully unprepared for monsoon season. I stocked up on sweaters and jackets on the cheap. It saved my gaijin ass from freezing. But now, there's cheap-ass Japanese clothes in NYC in Soho. (Think H&M, but cheaper...and not H&M Eurotrash). Bri got the score of the weekend with her supahott "Eich Bin Ein Berliner" shirt ($10!).

2) Riggs and Forsythe Bitter Lemon soda. Yum. As you'll see below, this weekend was also all about simple beverages. This one is just Fizzy water, Lemon and Sugar. And when I say Lemon, I don't mean Country Time, I mean citrus with some serious punch. Refresco! (Dean & Deluca -- $2)

3) Snow Mint soda. Checked out 5th Ave's one sit-down dessert venue, The Chocolate Room (N.B. -- Yummy! Esp. if sit-down dessert venue is all you eat for dinner). I ordered a Izze soda float, and Bri had a chocolate mint float. The soda and mint portions of the dish came from Snow mint soda. Just like the Riggs and Forsythe, but replace Lemon with Mint and you have the idea. Even better. So good! According to the website, you can find it at Garden of Eden. I'll be making a pilgrimage to get a case. (The Chocolate Room - Snow Mint Chocolate Float -- $6)

4) Renegade Craft Fair. I supported plenty of Williamburg entrepreneurs and their greeting card/t-shirt/stuffed thing making ventures. Feels good to help the local economy (and, apparently, American Apparel) keep on chuggin'. (Prices vary...wildly...booth to booth)

5) And, of course, Bang Bang Kill Kill Machine Gun Camera. Best thing ever. (Cost Unknown)

Go forth, easily influenced consumers!