Monday, September 18, 2006

It's 2006.....!

One of my common outbursts when technological things don't "just work" on the first try is, "It's 2006, they shoulda fixed that by now!"

Our friends in Cupertino just got around to fixing iTunes. In a feature that shoulda been there since, ohhh....say 2000...iTunes 7.0 now has gapless playback.

The problem is -- now I expect a millisecond of silence between Haiti and Rebellion (Lies) and when I don't hear it, I get thrown off. I've become too used to the vagrencies of digital music in it's infancy.

Indeed, it's a horseless carriage and not a car.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    You know, I'm such an apple fanboy now that I don't consider a technology legit until Apple appropriates it. Could have cared less about Gapless Audio a month ago. Now I couldn't live without it.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you do not learn how to use the word "its," I will de-friend you forever.

    No, not really, but Mrs. Frink would get that pursed look on her face if she had read that.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Geoff G. said…

    Ohhh...I cared -- in fact -- i never understood why it was technically so hard to fix. ("Audiophiles" have been complaining about "the gap" since 1G iPods.) I mean, the "official" fix was to merge your albums into one huge mp3 file.

    That's crap.

    Also, Ms. Frink can bite me. I'm on the fuckin' vangarde of language here!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Yeah, I actually tried to merge a couple songs from an album together once but quickly abandoned it when I realized I didn't always want to listen to both songs together all the time. I think they were The Stone and Halloween. Will have to listen to them now that they're finally degapped properly.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    That was my second time commenting via blackberry by the way (and this is my third).

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said…

Post a Comment

<< Home