One week anniversary
It's been 7 days since Staying West emerged from the ashes and now seems the perfect time to reflect on what we've done together to make the Web a more Geoffocentric place. A quick survey of reader comments made privately to me over the last week reveal a common theme -- "Geeeeee, your blog was much more interesting when you were drunk and alone with no luggage in a foreign country where you didn't speak the language."
That kind of goes without saying.
Here are several things I thought I'd post about this past week that didn't pan out:
- That Eater review of Mario pissing me off. It didn't.
- The Bush administration doing something to piss me off. (Dubai? Yawn! I actually want to go to Dubai!)
- Brianna posting about my white trash palette and lack of foodie street cred, demanding an immediate response here. Instead she just wrote another entry all about her.
- Someone transgendered saying something that rocked my world. (Biggest excitement on tape -- Random Lesbian: "There's no such thing as 'straight girls'". Didn't we all know that already?!?)
- Apple unveils the Apple iPhonepodlet
- Sasha Cohen winning gold, and thus demanding another picture and 500 words on her "being Juliet"
- Me winning the MegaMillions. It'll happen this week, I'm pretty sure, though.
Let's not allow these temporary creativity killers keep us down. With any luck this week, a high ranking Bush administration official will be caught in a not-so-straight girl lovenest with Ms. Cohen and there'll be video of it on YouTube and I'll have something to blog about.
Thanks for stickin' with it so far.